Lead

Mar 9 11 2:39 PM

Tags : :

Elizabeth: Jake is so funny. He kept stealing Aiden's Christmas presents and pretending to help him open them, and then he would store them in his cupboard and keep them safe and sound.

Robin: Mm. I have to say, this is the first Christmas that Emma really was able to appreciate it.

Patrick: Yeah. I'm not even going to pretend to be objective. Her face was amazing.

Robin: Immortalized by all of the thousands of pictures you took of her.

Patrick: It's memories.

Elizabeth: There's nothing better than experiencing the holidays with your kids. Speaking of, does anybody have plans for New Year’s Eve?

Robin: Uh, actually, I decided to invite Patrick to stay until New Year’s. We're going to give this trial togetherness thing a whirl.

Steve: Hey! Where's Cam?

Elizabeth: He's in day-care. He is so excited, he refuses to take off those snow boots you bought him.

Patrick: Is that why that bus is out there? You going on a little hospital ski trip?

Elizabeth: Yes, obviously I couldn't get away, so my lovely brother has offered to take Cam.

Steve: Any chance to get on the mountain a couple of days. It's gonna be great teaching Cam how to ski.

Elizabeth: Oh, my goodness. What my brother is nobly not saying is the majority of people going are teenagers. It's going to be a very long trip.

Carly: Olivia. I have a special project--

Olivia: Carly, Carly, I'm up to my eyeballs in this New Year’s Eve party.

Carly: Well, I'm more than happy to take it out of your hands. I'm supposed to go on the General Hospital ski trip and I need you to go in my place.

Spinelli: Whew. Jeez--

Jason: Stop, stop! We got some things to talk about.

Spinelli: Stone Cold, I have a previous commitment that makes this conversation--

Jason: Why did you show up at Tracy's wedding uninvited?

Spinelli: I told you, it was the perfect opportunity to make peace with the Devious Detective.

Jason: No, I know there's more, so start talking.

Theo: Detective Spencer.

Lucky: Can I help you?

Theo: Theo Hoffman. Associate counsel for Mason, Petrovich, and Miller.

Lucky: Diane Miller's firm. You're new?

Theo: I have been sent from the Manhattan office to handle several pending matters, including a wrongful death suit against Brenda Barrett and a Detective Falconeri. Accordingly, I will need everything you have on a crime figure known as the Balkan.

--[intro]--

Johnny: Lisa Niles isn't here, if that's what you're wondering.

Ethan: Good! I have an aversion to stalkers.

Johnny: Yeah, well, you should have seen her last night. She came by here to check on my wound-- gave me a little pill for the pain.

Ethan: You took drugs from that woman? You have a bigger death wish than I realized.

Johnny: Well, it's true. She did have an ulterior motive.

Ethan: No way. Lisa, really?

Johnny: Yeah. I passed out, woke up to find her trashing the place.

Ethan: How disappointingly predictable. And you fell for it, you fool.

Johnny: Yeah, well, she was just looking for that one piece of evidence that I have against her. Unfortunately for her, I keep it under wraps, but now I gotta find a new hiding place.

Ethan: This isn't a game, Johnny.

Johnny: Everything's a game, Ethan.

Ethan: Damn, I hate it when you make me get all serious. But I have to get this point across. If you're not careful, that woman will kill you.

Johnny: Lisa knows that if anything happens to me, the truth will come out about how she tried to drug Robin Scorpio.

Ethan: Yeah, that might stop a sane person, but Dr. Niles is quite the opposite. Look, I get that you enjoy taking risks, mate, but I'm afraid you're playing footsie with a psycho.

Patrick: Is Dr. Niles in yet?

Elizabeth: I can page her if you'd like.

Patrick: No. Please, the opposite. If she asks for a consult, I'm not available.

Robin: So, you're gonna teach Cam how to ski.

Steve: I'm sure gonna try.

Elizabeth: Remember, that boy's a Webber. He picks things up fast.

Steve: Our dad had us on skis since we were 4.

Elizabeth: Cameron has a lot of time to make up for, then.

Robin: The idea of Emma on skis just scares me.

Patrick: I think it's inevitable.

Robin: I suppose. At least she'll have her daddy to pick her up when she falls.

Patrick: That's right.

Maxie: Please tell me Matt is not with a patient.

Elizabeth: How dare people get ill and mess up your plans.

Maxie: The ski trip was his idea, not mine.

Robin: I didn't know you were going on the ski trip.

Patrick: With my brother.

Maxie: I happen to love skiing. Happen to love a glass of wine by the fire at the lodge even more.

Steve: Cedar Mountain has some pretty challenging runs.

Matt: Oh, I'm counting on it, so I can impress Maxie with my double black diamond skills.

Maxie: Well, maybe you'll be the one to be dazzled.

Matt: Yeah, I'm counting on it.

Michael: Abby.

Abby: Hey.

Michael: Hey. I thought you had work.

Abby: Oh, I've got the late shift tonight.

Michael: Oh.

Abby: I, uh, wondered, do you want to grab some dinner or a movie or something?

Michael: Yeah, of course.

Abby: Okay.

Michael: I just have to make a call real quick, though.

Abby: Well, do you have other plans?

Michael: Nothing I can't change. I'd rather spend time with you, really.

Abby: Me, too. I guess it kind of worked out fine, huh?

Michael: Do you want to try that new Korean barbecue place?

Abby: That sounds fun.

Molly: Hey, Michael.

Michael: Hey.

Molly: Abby, right?

Abby: That's right. How are you, Molly?

Molly: I'm really loving the holidays.

Kristina: Michael, if we don't get headed for the bus, it'll leave without us.

Michael: Look, sorry, guys, you'll have to go skiing without me. I'm staying in town.

Abby: Well, I didn't know you were gonna go away.

Michael: No, it's fine, really. I only decided to go at the last minute, so..

Kristina: Michael, you can't bail now. Ali's meeting us at the bus. I promised her you'd be there.

Michael: You shouldn't have promised her anything, Kristina.

Kristina: Don't be like that. Ali is a lot of fun, and she's our age.

Michael: Kristina, please.

Abby: Look, Michael, don't stay behind for me. No. It's fine.

Michael: Can you guys go on without me? Really, I've got to talk to Abby for a second. Please.

Kristina: Okay. But you have to show up.

Michael: Look, I really don't care about this trip at all.

Abby: Well, I would if it were me.

Michael: No, I'd rather have dinner with you instead.

Abby: Look, I want you to go. Just go. Have fun. We can have dinner when you get back. Hopefully some night when I'm not working, and then we can just take our time.

Michael: You sure?

Abby: Positive. Besides, I shouldn't eat a big old meal right before I dance, anyway. So you go, okay? And I'll see you when you get back.

Michael: You promise?

Abby: If you promise me something, too.

Michael: Yeah? What?

Abby: Just promise me you'll have fun.

Michael: All right.

Olivia: Okay, in what realm of imagination does taking kids on a skiing trip fall within the scope of my employment?

Carly: I will double your salary 2 days, all expense paid at Cedar Mountain ski resort.

Olivia: Maybe you haven't heard; we don't do bunny slopes in Bensonhurst.

Carly: You will be fine. I'll cover the cost of your ski clothes, your equipment, and your lessons.

Olivia: Where's this wave of generosity coming from?

Carly: Morgan signed up to go, Michael's going out, too. The hospital needed adults to go. I said I would go. I'm having a scheduling conflict. I need you to go in my place.

Olivia: This has nothing to do with angling for extra time with Jax?

Carly: Okay, fine. I need to spend some extra time with my husband.

Olivia: Mm-hmm. Yeah, he ain't too happy that Brenda's marrying Sonny.

Carly: Is that what he told you?

Olivia: Well, he said that Sonny announced it at Luke and Tracy's wedding, and I can't say I'm surprised. I gotta say, I have never in my life heard Sonny talk about any woman the way he talks about this Brenda. Who knows? Maybe she's finally the thing that will make him get out of his life of crime. It would certainly make Dante's life a whole lot easier.

Carly: Dante must be thrilled.

Olivia: I wish Brenda and Sonny all the joy and happiness in the world, same as I wish you and Jax. Which is why I guess I'm going on a ski trip.

Carly: Ohh!

Spinelli: Nothing gets by you, Stone Cold. Um, it was the well-being of the Divine One that was foremost in my mind.

Jason: The divine one was in a good mood, so there was nothing for you to worry about there.

Spinelli: Yes, but her mood was a direct result of her betrothal to Mr. Sir, which is exactly what has yours truly most wary. I spent a long, dark night musing over this latest turn of events, and the sad fact is, I cannot believe that she and Mr. Sir are a couple of destiny. They will not make each other happy.

Jason: That's not your call to make, Spinelli.

Spinelli: But it can't help but affect my spirits.

Jason: Then you gotta concentrate on your work. And don't tell Brenda that you think the marriage is a mistake.

Spinelli: Sound advice, Stone Cold. Is it more meant for me or for you?

Lucky: The Balkan's a man without a conscience. He's a sociopath who not only kills to get what he wants, but he's notoriously ruthless when he does it.

Theo: Hmm. Is that what it says in his file?

Lucky: Well, Detective Falconeri is overseeing the casework, so you might want to talk to him.

Theo: Well, there is a presumption of bias on the detective's part, as he was involved in the altercation which led to Anton Banovic's death. Brenda Barrett allegedly shot Mr. Banovic to protect Mr. Falconeri.

Lucky: Well, if that's the case, then it was justifiable. Brenda acted in defense of Dante and herself, right?

Theo: That is what I am expected to prove.

Lucky: And it wouldn't be the first time that the Balkan sent out a hired assassin. He's targeted Brenda for months. And if you need a second opinion, why don't you just call Agent Bates at Interpol.

Theo: Hmm. Speaking of assassins, it would be helpful to have any information you have on Ronan O'Reilly.

Lucky: Who's Ronan O'Reilly?

Olivia: Hey, look at you Doc. Hey, Cam.

Steve: Tell me you're not here just to see Morgan off.

Olivia: Actually, Carly asked me to fill in for her on the ski trip.

Steve: Well, this is starting to be fun.

Morgan: Except Olivia doesn't know how to ski.

Olivia: Ah.

Steve: Well, I'll just have to take care of that, now, won't I?

Morgan: I already offered.

Olivia: Okay, easy, fellas, don't fight. There's plenty of me to go around.

Maxie: I promised Kate the specs for the April issue. Thank you, Lulu, that's perfect. No, I'm still waiting for Matt. I swear, if he cancels on me for brain surgery, I'm gonna kill him. I'll talk to you later. Bye. Okay, I know what you're thinking. I promised Mac that I would help him house hunt, and here I am going on this ski trip when clearly Mac hates living in that month-to-month rental. So, I'm pretty selfish.

Robin: No, I was surprised to hear that you're going on the ski trip with Matt, but I want you to have fun, okay? And if at any point you feel like you want to sabotage your trip, please call me and I'll talk you down.

Maxie: Deal. I love you.

Robin: I love you, too.

Matt: All right, you have my patient files. Thank you for taking them.

Patrick: Not a problem. I just hope it's worth it.

Matt: Well, you tell me. You're the expert on high-maintenance women.

Patrick: It's, uh, it's worth it, for sure.

Matt: You and Robin seem like you're in a better place.

Patrick: We're taking it slow, but, yeah, I feel like we're moving in the right direction. She needs to believe that she can trust me again. And I have to earn that trust, so..

Kristina: Hey!

Molly: Hey!

Taylor: How's it going?

Kristina: How are you?

Alexis: Where's your brother?

Molly: Oh, he's not coming.

Alexis: Oh, good, you guys haven't left yet. You forgot your long underwear. Here.

Molly: That wasn't embarrassing, Mom.

Alexis: You'll thank me when you don't freeze your tush off. Humor me. Wear them. You guys excited?

Taylor: Yeah. It's gonna be great. You should come.

Alexis: Oh, well, somebody has to stay here to work to pay for the very expensive ski trip to Cedar Mountain.

Kristina: Oh, jealous?

Alexis: You know me, honey. I'm a sun, sand, kind of 5-star hotel gal. But if you guys want to put sticks on your feet and risk hypothermia, you have my full support.

Ethan: I get it, mate. I mean, Lisa is bangin', you know? She's mysterious, she's smart--

Johnny: Whoa, slow down turbo. Aren't you supposed to be married?

Ethan: I am married. I'm not dead. And you're newly single. Now, I know if I were single, I'd be a little more reckless than usual. But you need to find a new way to pick up women. Oh, please tell me you haven't nailed Lisa yet.

Johnny: Well, she has spent the night here once. But that was strictly for medical reasons.

Ethan: Mm-hmm.

Johnny: Hey, relax, all right? Lisa knows that if anything happens to me, she might as well destroy her life, too. So, for the time being, I think I'm gonna let her continue to tend to my wounds, if you will.

Ethan: Now it's all falling into place. I mean, ever since that truce, I guess you haven't been getting your daily dose of adrenaline. Is that where Lisa comes in?

Johnny: Hmm.

[Knock on door]

Johnny: Would you mind getting that for me?

[Ethan laughs]

Johnny: Thanks.

[Knocking]

Ethan: Well, hello.

Lisa: Hello. I didn't like the way your wound looked last night, so I wanted to see if the topical ointment worked.

Johnny: You might not want to stick around for this. I'm about to strip down.

Ethan: Okay, that's the last thing I need to see. Well, call me when that meeting is set up, all right? And, uh, don't worry about drugging him again. See, the syringe has been moved. You won't find it here.

Lisa: Uh, so is this the part where you tell me that if anything happens to Johnny, I'm toast?

Ethan: Forget Johnny. This is about saving my own ass. So pay attention. If anything happens to me, better watch your back. You two have fun.

Jax: Hey.

Carly: Hey.

Jax: Aren't you supposed to be getting ready for your ski trip?

Carly: There's only one person I like to ski with. That's why I'm not going to Cedar Mountain.

Jax: What are you talking about? You were really excited about it.

Carly: You know me. I like 5 stars and a spa. Plus I wanted to treat Olivia. She loves to ski.

Jax: Olivia loves to ski?

Carly: Mm-hmm.

Jax: Really? Since when? What are you really up to?

Carly: Okay. I had to bribe Olivia to go in my place. But that means besides Josslyn, we have two whole days to do nothing but take care of each other.

Jason: Sonny and Brenda get to make their own choices.

Spinelli: But is it not our duty as loving friends to intercede when disaster looms?

Jason: No.

Spinelli: What, so we just stand by noble yet mute while fates deals another cruel blow to the Divine One?

Jason: There's other ways to help. Brenda is still a target.

Spinelli: But the Balkan, aka Jerry Jacks, is most likely deceased.

Jason: Oh, so I'm supposed to believe that Jerry was hit by an unknown shooter and disappears in the harbor and the witness conveniently happens to be Lucky's girlfriend? I don't buy it.

Theo: I have done extensive research on the Balkan and his associates. The man is something of an enigma. Wouldn't you agree, Detective Spencer?

Lucky: Yeah, well, we still don't know what he looks like.

Theo: Hmm. I heard a rumor that he was killed.

Lucky: The department is investigating, but until a body turns up, we have to assume the Balkan's still alive.

Theo: Hmm. It's unsettling.

Lucky: Yeah, it is. Now, where does this, um, Ronan O'Reilly fit in?

Theo: Mr. O'Reilly is a known assassin, who has worked for the Balkan in the past. If I can prove that he was hired to go after Brenda Barrett, it gives weight to the allegation that the late Anton Banovic was also hired to target my client.

Lucky: Right. Okay. Well, uh, I'll forward you a copy of the case file. And if you hit a wall, just give me a ring.

Theo: It's good to have your support. Thank you for your time. Oh, and, uh, would you ask Detective Falconeri to call me, please?

Lucky: Sure.

Theo: Thank you.

Johnny: Anything else you want to check out while you're down there? [Chuckles]

Lisa: That's not funny.

Johnny: Come on. Let's have a few laughs while we can, huh?

Lisa: Okay, let me get this straight. So, if Ethan goes snorkeling and he drowns, I get ground to dust. If you slip in the shower and crack your head open, I go to prison. So where.. where do these laughs come in?

Johnny: No one's gonna get hurt. Nothing's going to happen to anybody.

Lisa: Really? Because you both are mobsters. You have a life expectancy of rodents.

Johnny: Which should give you enough incentive to supply me with medical attention on demand.

Lisa: I just want to be left alone. You covered for me. I saved your life. Just give me the syringe and we will call it even.

Johnny: So you just walk right out of here, huh?

Lisa: In a heartbeat.

Johnny: So you can chase after a man, a ghost, who wants nothing to do with you? Come on, you really think Patrick Drake can appreciate your finer qualities?

Lisa: Like you can. I mean, this fantasy that you have about you and me, get over it.

Lucky: So, uh, I just met Dante and Brenda's lawyer, Theo Hoffman.

Jason: What did you think?

Lucky: Well, uh, I don't know. The guy was kind of hard to read. Which I guess is good in a lawyer. He seemed to know what he's doing. But it just brought home to me that Dante and Brenda are in a lot of trouble.

Jason: Yes, I know.

Lucky: What's going on? Catch me up. I've been a little distracted lately.

Jason: Yeah, uh, the family of Anton Banovic, you know, the guy that Brenda killed, is suing Brenda and Dante for wrongful death. They're claiming that she shot the guy for whatever reason and Dante used his badge to cover it up.

Lucky: That sounds eerily familiar.

Jason: That's exactly the problem, because when Brenda starts talking about what happened here in Port Charles, she gets confused with killing Aleksander in 2007.

Lucky: And you're worried that if the case goes any further, Brenda's gonna have to be deposed.

Jason: That's why we need to settle out of court.

Lucky: Right. So you want to pay the family off, but what's the problem, they don't want money?

Jason: No.

Lucky: They just want to know why their son died?

Jason: That's what the lawyers think, yeah.

Lucky: Well, what do you think?

Jason: Something just feels wrong to me. I mean, the guy's working for the Balkan. How could the family not know?

Lucky: That's not impossible. I mean, the Balkan keeps his associates pretty hidden. Maybe it's just denial. Maybe this family doesn't want to know the truth about their son. Maybe they just want to keep their illusions intact.

Jason: I just feel like there's something I'm missing.

Lucky: Okay.

Jason: I don't know. Maybe it's the timing. You know, Brenda was targeted by Aleksander's father.

Lucky: Okay. Who may or may not be Jerry Jacks.

Jason: Right. And he tried to grab her for months. He sent guys, they failed and they got killed.

Lucky: And Jerry hits the point of diminishing returns and decides to do the job in person.

Jason: See, that's exactly right, right there. Out of nowhere, Brenda and Dante get slapped with a lawsuit.

Lucky: Yeah, but you said so yourself-- a lot of guys were sent after Brenda. A lot of them died. So one of the families wants compensation. What's so strange about that?

Jason: Okay, but where does Jerry fit in? Because nothing this guy does is a coincidence. Nothing. The lawsuit was filed right when he hit town.

Lucky: I don't know, man. You might just be looking for a connection that's not there.

Jason: The connection, I don't.. I don't think the connection is Jerry and the lawsuit. Maybe it's Jerry and Siobhan.

Lucky: Whew. What makes you come up with that one?

Jason: She's the one who gave us Jerry's name in the first place. And she also claims she saw him die.

Olivia: So I guess we're gonna have some music on this trip, huh?

Steve: Not to worry. I'm not gonna drag everyone into a sing-along. It's for me, when Cam goes to sleep. I won't be able to hang out in the bar or the lobby, so I'm gonna play some music instead.

Olivia: Would you mind an audience?

Steve: Are you serious?

Olivia: Well, I just remember the story that you told me about the impromptu concert you gave in your backyard for the neighbor kids.

Steve: No, no, that's not fair.

Olivia: No, no, you said you were a Bon Jovi meets Santana. I would really like to see that. So..

Steve: Somehow you, uh.. you seem more like a Springsteen girl.

Olivia: Hmm. Now, how did you ever guess that?

Steve: All the tough girls with hearts of gold love Bruce.

[Olivia chuckles]

Kristina: I'll meet you over there in a second.

Molly: Okay.

Taylor: See you later.

Kristina: Wait, Ali. I'm sorry Michael bailed.

Ali: Krissy, I hate to break it to you, but I didn't come on this trip to spend time with Michael. I'm going to snowboard and hang out and have fun. So relax, o control freak supreme. It's all good.

Kristina: Do you get how frustrating this is? How perfect you would be for Michael if he would just give you a chance.

Ali: Listen carefully. Michael and Ali will not be getting together. Anyway, I'm kind of into this guy at my school.

Kristina: Who?

Ali: I don't know if you know him. His name's Tim Sullivan.

Michael: Hey, Kristina, Ali.

Kristina: Michael! You made it.

Michael: Yeah. Hey, uh, look, I really wanted to apologize for blowing off your party.

Ali: Stop. I just told Krissy, I think you're awesome, as a friend only.

Michael: Yeah.

Ali: Um, besides, I'm kind of seeing this guy at my school.

Michael: That's great! No, that's great. Me, too. I mean, I'm seeing somebody, so friends is good.

Ali: Yay! That's over! Now we can relax and have fun.

Morgan: Michael! Molly said you weren't coming.

Michael: I changed my mind.

Morgan: Sweet. Now we can do the double back diamonds.

Molly: Did Abby talk you into coming?

Morgan: Who's Abby?

Michael: Just a friend. So, are you gonna be skiing or snowboarding?

Morgan: One day of each, I think. I want to try the half pipe, but you can go so much faster on the moguls on skis--

Steve: Hey, could I have everyone's attention, please? Guys. It's time to head out to the parking lot. We're gonna stop for dinner on the way. So take whatever you need for the bus because everything is gonna be stowed underneath. Okay? Let's go.

Alexis: Goodbye. Oh, have fun. Have fun, my babies, and.. and don't break anything, okay?

Molly: Mom, I can't breathe.

Kristina: Mom, she can't breathe.

Elizabeth: Okay, now listen to mommy. You be a good boy for Uncle Steven, okay?

Cameron: Okay.

Elizabeth: And you, don't take him on anything too steep.

Steve: Come on, relax, he's a Webber. He can handle it.

Lisa: Hey, uh, Patrick, did you get that chart that I left?

Patrick: Yeah. I already looked at it.

Lisa: Oh, great. Well, if you want, we can go over the post-diagnostic in the cafeteria and grab a snack.

Patrick: Actually, I think it's better that we do it here. Less chance of a distraction.

Robin: And we all know how easily you get distracted, Dr. Niles.

Bus driver: It's an easy drive to the lodge. 3 hours at most.

Steve: Great. Thanks.

Bus driver: Mm-hmm.

[Olivia sighs]

Steve: Ready for this?

Olivia: You know I've never skied. Not one day in my life, never.

Steve: Are you really gonna let that stop you?

Olivia: You know, Doc, us tough chicks with hearts of gold, we're up for anything. 

Jason: Okay, just run it down for me again. What did Siobhan see when Jerry got shot?

Lucky: She was just passing by pier 52. She heard someone shouting. And when she looked over to see what was going on, she saw Jerry Jacks stagger back. He had blood on his shirt, looked like he'd been shot, maybe with a silencer because she didn't hear anything. And then Jerry fell off the pier into the water. That was it.

Jason: And you're convinced that she's a reliable witness?

Lucky: Yeah. I mean, Siobhan's cool under pressure, she's smart, she's observant. I've seen that here as well as Ireland. What? What are you thinking?

Jason: It just seems very convenient that Jerry was taken out the exact same time Siobhan happened to be passing by?

Lucky: Things like that happen.

Jason: Yeah, come on, Lucky.

Lucky: I can't ignore it either.

Jason: Okay. So Jerry gets shot bad enough to bleed, he falls into the harbor, hasn't been seen since.

Lucky: Yeah, we've been dragging the harbor ever since Siobhan reported it.

Jason: And no what, no body?

Lucky: Yeah.

Jason: Just like when he drove off the cliff?

Lucky: Yeah. Plenty of bodies go into the harbor and are never found. I mean, let's be honest, you'd know that better than anyone.

Jason: It sounds to me like Jerry's bought himself some more time to come at Brenda from another direction.

Theo: Ah, Ms. Davis. Are you alone?

Alexis: Mr. Hoffman. Are you lost?

Theo: Oh, Theo, please. And I know exactly where I'm going. I do hope you will allow me to buy you lunch one day soon-- purely professional. I would like to alleviate your reservations about my being assigned to the Brenda Barrett case.

Alexis: Actually, I've gone over your record thoroughly. I think you'll provide an excellent defense. And while we have the opportunity, I'd like to make full disclosure. Sonny Corinthos is the father of my second child and the uncle of my third.

Theo: Ms. Miller has already informed me of that.

Alexis: How thorough of her.

Theo: You are all tangled up with each other, aren't you? Be that as it may, if you're so inclined, you could be of assistance to both Sonny and Ms. Barrett, by giving me what I need.

Steve: How are we doing?

Bus driver: We're making better time than if I had stayed on the 10. The 55 is clear all the way to the summit.

Steve: You know best.

[Olivia sighs]

Steve: What are you doing?

Olivia: I'm trying to tempt you.

Steve: Not a chance.

Matt: You ever notice those upscale burger joints where they have the market fresh whatever and organic this, and they call the mayonnaise aioli, you ever notice those places, they're never as good as the roadside place that's been there for 50 years?

Maxie: That's true. But I also think it's about who you're with. I mean, when you go to a fancy place, you're probably focusing on impressing your date. But when you just grab a burger on a ski trip, you're just having fun.

Matt: You having fun?

Molly: Michael? Does it feel weird being out of Port Charles?

Michael: Yeah. Kind of. How'd you know?

Molly: Oh, I was thinking, this is the first time you've got to leave since you've been on parole. Does it feel good to be doing something normal, or do you feel like we're all completely ordinary and you're just pretending to fit in? Kind of like in this book I'm that reading where the hero is actually the vampire, but he pretends to be a regular kid and he goes to school, but it's all just an act.

Michael: I'm enjoying being on this trip. I don't feel like a vampire.

[Ali humming]

Taylor: I think she likes the song.

Kristina: Just a little bit.

Ali: What?

Kristina: No, you tell us.

Ali: Oh, I'm listening to a song Tim sent me. Do you guys know "Hallelujah"?

Taylor: Uh, yeah, I know, like, 531 "Hallelujahs." I'm Catholic.

Ali: No, this is a really cool song.

Olivia: A da da da, hallelujah that one?

Ali: You know it?

Olivia: Yes, young one. A lot of cool music was written before you were born. I know it. How about you?

Steve: What about me?

Olivia: Do you know it, "Hallelujah"? The.. the.. words?

Steve: Oh, promise me you're not doing what I think you're doing. Please.

Olivia: Yes, I am doing it. Come on! The honor of our generation is at stake here. We gotta show these kids that we got a little bit of cool left in us.

Steve: Okay. [Playing "Hallelujah"] I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you?

Carly: We're all set. Romantic dinner at Cecily's. We're gonna sit by the big window, we're gonna eat food, we're gonna drink lots of champagne, and we're gonna watch the boat parade.

Jax: You know, I know better than to question you when you're in a giving mood, but your timing has me a little curious.

Carly: I know you're not happy about Brenda and Sonny's engagement.

Jax: Uh, well, that's a dangerous subject for us.

Carly: How do you feel about it?

Jax: I feel sad.

Carly: Sad for Brenda or sad for yourself?

Jax: Oh, come on. Look, I know I can't save her. She's not my responsibility. I don't want to save her, okay? I just.. I feel terrible for her. I mean, if the wedding doesn't happen, she'll be hurt, and if it does happen, she could get hurt even worse. So..

Carly: Brenda's made her choices. She's gonna have to live with the consequences.

Theo: I haven't had the time to do my research on Sonny, but as you've had a close connection to him, you could be of assistance on the case. You could provide context.

Alexis: For example?

Theo: How close are Sonny, Detective Falconeri, and Brenda Barrett to each other? Could they be conspiring to paint a killing as self-defense?

Alexis: Actually, I think you're asking the wrong question, Mr.-- Theo. Sonny is very protective of Brenda, and if the verdict goes against her, he'll be looking to blame somebody. And the defense attorney makes an easy target.

Elizabeth: Okay, I know it's only going to be a couple of days, but I already miss Cameron. He walked out of here like such a big boy.

Patrick: And he'll come back ready for the Olympics.

Robin: I know how you feel. When I went to Africa, I missed Emma so much. I mean, I knew that you were taking care of her, but no matter how hard I tried to justify it, I was still gone from my little girl. I have a patient waiting.

Elizabeth: I'm sorry.

Patrick: It's all right. We're working through it, one step at a time.

Jason: Hey.

Carly: Hey. This is a nice surprise. Hi.

Jason: We gotta talk.

Carly: Is it too much to hope that you'd just want to see me?

Jason: I do want to see you. And I actually have to thank you for the Christmas present.

Carly: Oh, did you like it?

Jason: Yeah, I do like it, but you have to keep it at your house when it gets delivered.

Carly: I bought that pool table for you.

Jason: I know, I just don't think I have room for it.

Carly: You have room for it. Move out that dining room table that you never use and put our pool table right there.

Jason: What do you mean, our pool table?

Carly: I bought it so you and I could play pool because you never come to Jake's.

Jason: Brenda's living with me right now, and as long as she's living with me, I don't have time to play pool.

Carly: You know what? We don't have to worry about Brenda 'cause she'll be leaving soon.

Steve and Olivia: Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, your faith was strong but you needed proof, you saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you, she tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne and cut your hair and from your lips she drew the hallelujah..

All: Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah

Steve: One more time.

All: Hallelujah, hallelujah

Jason: Why do you think Brenda's leaving?

Carly: Because she's going to be marrying Sonny. Right? You were there. You heard the big announcement. And there's no love lost between me and Luke and Tracy, but I think it's really rude that Sonny made that announcement at their wedding.

Jason: First of you, you don't want Brenda and Sonny to get married.

Carly: No, I don't.

Jason: And you're gonna try to stop them.

Carly: No, I'm not.

Jason: I don't believe you.

Carly: That is terrible. I don't lie to you, Jason.

Jason: All the time. I'm just better at catching you than anybody else.

Carly: You know what? I think it's a terrible mistake for Brenda and Sonny to get married, but that is Sonny's mistake to make.

Jason: Oh, and now you're telling me what I want to hear.

Carly: When did you get so paranoid?

Jason: See, I know you. The calmer you are, the more trouble I have to deal with.

[Cell phone rings]

Carly: Look! Morgan's calling. Did you know Michael got to go on the trip?

Jason: I had Diane set it up.

Carly: Oh? Hey, baby. Having fun? Are you there yet?

Morgan: No, we're still on the bus. But it's fun so far. I beat one of the kids 3 times in a row at "Wizard Wars."

Carly: Did you stop for dinner?

Morgan: Yeah. We ate at this cool old hamburger place called Sandy's. They had the best onion rings.

Carly: Onion rings? And I don't know about this place?

Morgan: Maybe Olivia or Steve Webber can tell you how to find it.

Carly: Is Michael having fun?

Morgan: Molly's telling him the plot of these books that she likes, and there's 4 in the series, so it's a really long conversation.

Carly: Okay, well, I think it's great that Michael's hanging out with Molly, but can you get him alone and tell him to hang out with kids his own age?

Jason: Carly.

Carly: Jason says hi.

[Rattling, tires squealing]

Morgan: Mom?

Bus driver: Oh, God.

[Brakes screeching]

Morgan: Mom!

Michael: Hold on!

Carly: Morgan, what's happening?

[Tires screeching]

Steve: Cameron!

[All screaming]

[Cell phone beeping]

Carly: Oh, my God, I just dropped the call.

Jason: What happened?

Carly: I heard screaming, Jason. I think their bus crashed.

[Wind blowing]

["Hallelujah" plays: I heard there was a secret chord, that David played and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you? But it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift, the baffled king composing hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah]