Remove this ad

ghhshirley

GHH SuperStar Extraordinaire

Administrator

#41 [url]

Oct 31 13 9:21 AM

Are You Having Trouble Using the "Eye" Icon Since The iPhone Update?

If you are having difficulty using or seeing the "eye" icon that takes you to the most recent post since you last visited a thread, due to the iPhone update this week, try:
Scrolling down to the bottom of your screen, you should see a choice for two versions for viewing our forum.
Choose the "Desktop" version.

Remember to stretch your screen slightly before clicking the "eye".

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 31 13 9:46 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Nov 1 13 4:26 AM

Shirley,thanks for all you do making us a wonderful place to discuss and read about GH!
I am still learning about the new forum but I have a ?.
Are we going to have a side-bar like the one we had before where we can navigate pages by clicking on the last comment or any comment viewed and see the first few words of all new comments? I miss that option.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#43 [url]

Nov 1 13 11:31 AM

kristilovesoaps wrote:
Shirley,thanks for all you do making us a wonderful place to discuss and read about GH!
I am still learning about the new forum but I have a ?.
Are we going to have a side-bar like the one we had before where we can navigate pages by clicking on the last comment or any comment viewed and see the first few words of all new comments? I miss that option.
I miss it too, but sadly, there doesn't seem to be a way to have that feature (the sidebar with first few words of new comments) back. I have looked into it.  However, if you click on the "Active Topic" button at the top right of the main page of our forum, you can see at a glance which threads were posted in recently, in descending order, most recent thread posted in on top. Its just another way of viewing the forum overall, minus the "comic bubble: icon next to categories and "eye" icon for threads. (As you probably know by now, clicking the eye icon takes you to the most recent reply in a thread since your last visit).

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Nov 1 13 11:42 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#45 [url]

Nov 2 13 12:47 PM

Suddenly Unable to PM others or Access Your Profile?

If you find you keep getting caught in a circle of being asked to sign in when you are trying to PM others or access your profile, only to return to the same sign in page over and over, simply close the tab or window you are currently in and clear your computer's cache (via the Toolbar on your computer).  Then go to www.lefora.com and sign in from there. After that you should be able to access your PM's or profile from our forum. (If clearing your cache doesn't do the trick, you may have to clear your cookies as well and repeat the sign in process).

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Nov 2 13 3:53 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Nov 18 13 6:34 AM

ghhshirleyIf you find you keep getting caught in a circle of being asked to sign in when you are trying to PM others or access your profile, only to return to the same sign in page over and over, simply close the tab or window you are currently in and clear your computer's cache (via the Toolbar on your computer).  Then go to www.lefora.com and sign in from there. After that you should be able to access your PM's or profile from our forum. (If clearing your cache doesn't do the trick, you may have to clear your cookies as well and repeat the sign in process).

OK, I cleared my cookies and I was then able to send my PM. I don't have a problem responding to messages in my inbox, just sending one initially. Thanks Shirley image

Quote    Reply   

ELIZ

#47 [url]

Nov 19 13 9:01 AM

Hi Shirley,
I notice in the upper left-hand corner there is a POINT counter.  What's that about?  I noticed each topic is different. 

Last Edited By: ELIZ Nov 19 13 9:05 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#48 [url]

Nov 20 13 2:19 PM

ELIZ wrote:
Hi Shirley,
I notice in the upper left-hand corner there is a POINT counter.  What's that about?  I noticed each topic is different. 
It is a way to recommend certain threads. You can click it to give threads a point.  I still miss our thumbs up that we could give individual posts. I am going to request that as a feature for the future.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Dec 20 13 7:41 PM

Has anyone else had issues with not staying logged in? Over the past few days, I've noticed that even if I log in on the main Forum, navigating to a sub-forum or individual thread will log me out, and I need to log in again. (And yes, I've checked off 'Remember Me'.) ;)

Quote    Reply   

littlehollywoodmt

#50 [url]

Jan 5 14 6:43 PM

Is it just me, or is anyone else missing the eye icon? I'm on my laptop and signed in so i don't know why it isn't showing up for me... on ANY of the threads.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ghhshirley

Administrator

#51 [url]

Jan 7 14 12:58 AM

littlehollywoodmt wrote:
Is it just me, or is anyone else missing the eye icon? I'm on my laptop and signed in so i don't know why it isn't showing up for me... on ANY of the threads.
Are you still experiencing this issue? Were you logged on prior to trying to post?  If you are not logged into the forum, the eye icon will not show up.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Jan 7 14 1:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

nimue818

#52 [url]

Feb 9 14 8:51 AM

ghhshirley wrote:
You can copy and paste pics/gifs directly into your post from other sites, or if you have an image saved at a photo hosting site (such as photobucket) or here in your profile photo album (more on that later in another post), you can simply type in the image's URL into the form that pops up after clicking on the square icon with the mountain/sun (on the tool bar at the top of your posting form).

You can post videos using the movie icon in the tool bar (it looks like a tiny strip of film)...or easier yet, just type or paste in the video's URL directly into your post and it will show up after you submit your post.

I can't seem to copy & paste pics from my Fotki.  I have been downloading all pics then uploading them.  When I click on the mountain it opens my phot album here.  Where to I put the url?

Quote    Reply   

nimue818

#53 [url]

Feb 9 14 8:54 AM

ghhshirley wrote:
You can copy and paste pics/gifs directly into your post from other sites, or if you have an image saved at a photo hosting site (such as photobucket) or here in your profile photo album (more on that later in another post), you can simply type in the image's URL into the form that pops up after clicking on the square icon with the mountain/sun (on the tool bar at the top of your posting form).

You can post videos using the movie icon in the tool bar (it looks like a tiny strip of film)...or easier yet, just type or paste in the video's URL directly into your post and it will show up after you submit your post.

Cant seem to post pics from directly from my Fotki.  I have been uploading all my pics from my laptop to here.  When I click on the mountain, my GHH album opens, where to I put the url?

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#54 [url]

Feb 10 14 7:41 PM

nimue818 wrote:
ghhshirley wrote:

Cant seem to post pics from directly from my Fotki.  I have been uploading all my pics from my laptop to here.  When I click on the mountain, my GHH album opens, where to I put the url?
Easiest Way:  If you switch to the WYSIWYG editor, (see earlier explanation in this thread to choose that option) your albums will show up when you click the mountain. Then just click the album you want. Your pictures in that album will appear. Then just click on the image you want to appear in you post.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Feb 10 14 7:45 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#55 [url]

Feb 11 14 6:29 AM

How do I post a link to an article? I posted a comment in the headlines and current events thread but I wanted to attach the article. I also asked how to attach the link to my post there too. Sorry image

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#56 [url]

Feb 11 14 3:03 PM

mjb rita wrote:
How do I post a link to an article? I posted a comment in the headlines and current events thread but I wanted to attach the article. I also asked how to attach the link to my post there too. Sorry image
Put the title or URL of the article in your post. Highlight it. Then, look on the posting toolbar for the icon that looks like an UNbroken chain link. Click on it, and enter the URL of the article you want to attach. Click OK.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Mar 27 14 9:57 AM

rocket22485 wrote:
Has anyone else had issues with not staying logged in? Over the past few days, I've noticed that even if I log in on the main Forum, navigating to a sub-forum or individual thread will log me out, and I need to log in again. (And yes, I've checked off 'Remember Me'.) ;)

I was JUST coming in to ask the same question, it logs me out every few minutes.... ?

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#58 [url]

Mar 27 14 10:01 PM

bradygirl12 wrote:
rocket22485 wrote:

I was JUST coming in to ask the same question, it logs me out every few minutes.... ?
Yes, this has been an issue the last few days, as has been the "not found" message. Generally, just refreshing your page fixes the problem.  Hopefully this will clear up in a few days. If it does not, let me know in this thread.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Apr 25 14 6:39 PM

how do I change my name under my pic..it just says a number. I have tried going into settings and cant seem to figure it out. It also wont let me stay logged in. and when I do log in and go to comment on a topic I will write everything up just as I am now then I will hit the post botton or quick reply and it will take me to the main log in page like I was never logged it!! so frustrating! :( Help me out if possible

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#60 [url]

May 2 14 6:16 PM

9985196 wrote:
how do I change my name under my pic..it just says a number. I have tried going into settings and cant seem to figure it out. It also wont let me stay logged in. and when I do log in and go to comment on a topic I will write everything up just as I am now then I will hit the post botton or quick reply and it will take me to the main log in page like I was never logged it!! so frustrating! :( Help me out if possible

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I don't know how I missed this!

The only way to fully change your username is to create a new profile. You are only allowed one profile per email, so you would need to create an entirely new account in order to have a different name.

Usually the fix for the log in issue is to just log out (if you are logged in) close the browser or tab you are accessing our forum from, and then opening up a new browser/tab to access it and sign in.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help