Remove this ad

ghhshirley

GHH SuperStar Extraordinaire

Administrator

#21 [url]

Oct 17 13 11:53 AM

baybjI can't seem to copy & paste gifs. I try and I try but it comes blank whenever I go to "paste" it. Help? :)

The easiest way is place your cursor over the image you want, and either right click and choose "copy image", OR with your cursor over the image, hold down the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and click the letter "C".
Then go to the posting form and hold down the "Ctrl" button and click the letter "V". Your image should appear immediately.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

baybj

#22 [url]

Oct 17 13 12:17 PM

Thanks shirley, I believe I was doing that before and tried it again and It still doesn't work. I wonder if it's because I'm on mozilla.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#23 [url]

Oct 17 13 1:18 PM

baybjThanks shirley, I believe I was doing that before and tried it again and It still doesn't work. I wonder if it's because I'm on mozilla.

I don't think the issue is mozilla, although I am not using mozilla at the moment as I usually do, due to issues with the computer I am on-- I'm currently using google chrome.  (I just got a new computer, but haven't had time to set it up yet.)  Make sure you have the latest version of mozilla firefox, just in case.

Have you tried to post images using our posting toolbar? Copy the image's URL (right click then choose "Copy image URL", then in the posting toolbar, click the square with the mountain/sun. When it pops up, paste the URL into the "Image Info", click "OK", and then your image should display.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Oct 18 13 4:45 PM

My posts keep showing up 2 or 3 times. I had to reload the page and I guess it posted my reply more than once. How do I make it stop??? After I click post I get a blank screen so I reload it and again another blank screen. I had to X out and go back in. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm sorry guys, seeing my posts over and over is annoying me like crazy!!!

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#25 [url]

Oct 18 13 5:55 PM

mjb ritaMy posts keep showing up 2 or 3 times. I had to reload the page and I guess it posted my reply more than once. How do I make it stop??? After I click post I get a blank screen so I reload it and again another blank screen. I had to X out and go back in. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm sorry guys, seeing my posts over and over is annoying me like crazy!!!

If you are getting multiple posts you should be able to delete them, The option for that appears in the bottom left of your post after it appears in the thread.  If you are unable to delete them, PM me with the post URL's (click URL in the upper right of your post in the thread) and I can do it for you.  It does seem we are experiencing a glitch.  I do know that if you reload, that is the reason you are getting the multiple posts.

If you get a blank screen it is better to hit the back arrow on the tool bar of your browser, twice. You should then be able to see that your post has gone thru.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 18 13 5:59 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#26 [url]

Oct 18 13 7:04 PM

How To Upload Pictures From You Computer To Your Profile Albums

You can use your albums to keep your images organized,. Each album can be set up with its own privacy settings.. All albums will be available to you to use in your posts.There is one default album that is created for you when you registered on this site. A second album (blog photos) will be created automatically once you start using your blog (in your profile) and uploading blog images.

To Create an Album:

1.  Go to your profile and click "photos"

2.  On the My Images page, click the New Album button 

3.  Fill out the form and adjust the privacy settings to your liking. Don't forget to also adjust your privacy settings on your privacy settings page.

4.  Next, go to your album and click the upload photos button at the top right to start uploading.

Your new album will be automatically added to your My Images page:

.To delete an album, simply click on the album you wish to delete and click the delete album links as seen in the screen shot.

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 19 13 11:05 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#28 [url]

Oct 19 13 7:40 PM

Viewing Member Profiles

You can view the profiles of your fellow GHH members by clicking on their avatars (or the icon where their avatar would be) on their posts.  There is a lot you can add to your own profile pages over time--which includes photo storage as mentioned above, and much more, if you wish.

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 19 13 7:46 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mariainnc

#29 [url]

Oct 20 13 6:24 AM

I wonder if anyone else has had trouble posting.  After I typed out my post I click on Add Reply it takes me to the editor where I can preview or post.  Unfortunately the posting block is blank.  If I paste my post in there I get a another box that talks about my security settings in Firefox.  It lets you post in this box, but there is no formatting.   Shirley do you know what security settings I need to change?

Just as an FYI.  I used IE to post this one and I didn't get the security box.

Last Edited By: mariainnc Oct 20 13 6:27 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Oct 20 13 6:50 AM

Signatures

I carried over my signature from the old site, but forgot to change the font size/color and now I can't find it again to edit it! Can I edit it or should I create a new one? I can't even find it again to make a new one to begin with. Help!

You learn something new everyday. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ghhshirley

Administrator

#31 [url]

Oct 20 13 2:28 PM

patriots02I carried over my signature from the old site, but forgot to change the font size/color and now I can't find it again to edit it! Can I edit it or should I create a new one? I can't even find it again to make a new one to begin with. Help!

Go to the top of the page (where the dark bar is), click "Panel". When the page opens up, look on the right site and click "Edit My Signature". Choose a signature you may already have listed and put a dot in the circle and choose Edit if you wish to edit it (including the colors/size), OR choose "Add a Signature". In both cases, after making changes/additions, be sure to click "Submit" or "Save"

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#33 [url]

Oct 21 13 2:52 PM

mariainncI wonder if anyone else has had trouble posting.  After I typed out my post I click on Add Reply it takes me to the editor where I can preview or post.  Unfortunately the posting block is blank.  If I paste my post in there I get a another box that talks about my security settings in Firefox.  It lets you post in this box, but there is no formatting.   Shirley do you know what security settings I need to change?

Just as an FYI.  I used IE to post this one and I didn't get the security box.

Click on Add a Reply at the bottom of the page, BEFORE you attempt to post. After posting your message, scroll a bit and click post. Do not use the quick reply button, it is messed up. Or, simply click the Reply (or Quote button, if you wish to quote the person you are replying to) in the bottom right of any member's post. The latest versions of FireFox and Google Chrome are the most compatible browsers with our forum, and when posting from a cell phone, Safari seems to work just fine.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#34 [url]

Oct 22 13 11:34 AM

As you can see, I managed to get the Ad issue resolved. Logged in members should no longer see Ads. image

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 22 13 1:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#35 [url]

Oct 23 13 4:10 PM

Active Topics

You can tell at a glance which of our threads have the most recent replies while you are still on the Main Page of our forum.  From the Main Forum page, look just below our welcome message and to your right, and click on the button, "Active Topics".  Use the page numbers to get to the end of the thread.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#36 [url]

Oct 25 13 6:09 PM

We Have Four Different Editors for Our Forum

Feel free to play with the different editors for your posting pleasure. smiley: roll Some may greatly prefer the WYSIWYG editor (What You See Is What You Get), but I know from experience that people have different likes, so some who are not comfortable with one editor for their posts may feel better with a different one.

To switch editors, go to your profile page and click the wrench icon at the top while there.
On the resulting page, click "forum"
Now on the forum page, look for "editor type", choose a different editor and click the save button to save the changes.  You can always change them back.
The original settings are:
Lefora 2.0 (BBCODE)

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 26 13 12:29 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#37 [url]

Oct 26 13 1:36 PM

Cell Phone Users: Having Trouble Clicking the "Eye" Icon?

If you are having problems touching the "Eye" icon next to threads to be taken to where you left off in a thread where new replies have been added, it helps to stretch the screen with your fingers before touching the "Eye".

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 27 13 10:06 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#40 [url]

Oct 27 13 4:24 PM

loveliz wrote:
What is with the pintrest, fb and twitter at the top?
Good question!  Its just a way to share topic/threads/or specific posts on our forum and/or recommend them to those platforms, that you already use/have an account for, if you believe they would be of interest to others, much like you might use those options to share an article.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 27 13 4:28 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help