Remove this ad

ghhshirley

GHH SuperStar Extraordinaire

Administrator

Lead

Oct 14 13 12:31 PM

Tags : :

As you can see, the "upgrade" has taken place, and,many things have changed. I realize change is hard (for me too!). Please be sure to check your email for an email from "Team" or "Team Lefora" for your new password.
Please read through this thread for tips, or to post questions about the new set-up.  There may be more changes and tips yet to come as I make adjustments to make the forum a better experience for everyone.  Your patience is appreciated.

If You Did NOT Receive Your Validation Email With Your New Password Since The Upgrade

First search you email inbox or spam folder for an email from "Team" or "Team Lefora". If you still can't find it:
Go HERE, fill out the information, (the URL board name you are asked for is-  forum.generalhospitalhappenings.com ) explain you did not receive a validation email/new password.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Nov 22 13 12:04 PM. Edited 5 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

ghhshirley

Administrator

#1 [url]

Oct 14 13 2:18 PM

To Change You Password

To change your password from here, you have to click on Profile, on the top of the page in the black bar.  That will take you to your main profile page where you should be able to see your picture (if you have one uploaded) On the top left hand side of that page (blue colored bar, at the very TOP) you will see a tiny "house" (for home), and a couple other icons, click on the one that is a "wrench" This is your settings.  You should see your password blocked out, and to the right of that blocked out password, there is an "edit" button.  You go in there, paste your NEW password from the email your received, and then enter the password you would prefer.  That should work.  (GHH member melm, figured it out for us!)

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:06 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#2 [url]

Oct 14 13 3:22 PM

Private Messages

The link for Private Messages is now on the top left of the page. It appears as a tiny envelope to the right of your name. A number next to the envelope indicates you have a one or more private messages waiting for you in your profile inbox (just click the envelope to access them, then click the title of the message to read it in full).
You can also use the "Interact" button beneath a poster's name/avatar to private message them.

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 27 13 9:51 AM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#3 [url]

Oct 14 13 4:18 PM

If you are unable to post, you need to use the new password Lefora sent you via email. After validating your email (via the link in the email) Log Out of our forum, then Log In again using the password they sent you. Once you do that you can change your password back to whatever you want. Instructions for changing your password are in the this thread, above.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:31 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#4 [url]

Oct 15 13 1:14 AM

Use the "Forum Jump" tabs (at the top and bottom of the forum) to quickly navigate to different category areas of the forum.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:10 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#5 [url]

Oct 15 13 1:44 AM

To get back to the main page of the forum, just click the words, "General Hospital Happenings Forum" or the Header Banner, both are at the top of the page.

Click your heels three times and repeat after me, "Its only a soap...its only a soap...its only..." 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 27 13 9:55 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#6 [url]

Oct 15 13 11:04 AM

How To Add an Avatar

To add an avatar, click on your profile at the very, top center of this forum, above the separator bar. On the left hand side of your profile page, above where pic should go, hover your cursor over "about me", an edit box will pop up. Click Edit. Then click Upload new photo (next to where the pic would go) and choose a pic from your computer files.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:12 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#7 [url]

Oct 15 13 11:25 AM

Read Versus UnRead: Categories and Threads

You can tell if a category has new posts/replies within it if you see the comic bubble icon to the left of the category area from the main forum page.

You can tell if a thread within any category has recent replies that you have not yet read, by the small icon of an eye to the left of that thread. Clicking on the eye icon will take you to your last unread post in that thread.
If you see a lightening bolt instead, it means no recent new replies have been added to that thread since your last visit.

You can get to the end of any thread (last page) or to the last page of any any category area by using the page number buttons (located at the top of a category page, or at the top of a thread once you click on a specific thread or next to the thread title itself).

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 21 13 8:22 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#8 [url]

Oct 15 13 11:47 AM

How to Add a Reply to a Thread/How to Quote a Reply

There are a few ways to reply in a thread. You can simply click "reply" at the right hand bottom of any posters post and a posting box will open.

However, if you want to quote that person's reply in your post, click the "quote" button instead of  "reply", then wait for a box to open.
Once it does open, click  your cursor at the end of their quoted reply, you will see a red arrow appear on the bottom right of the posting box, click that and you can reply in the space below the quote.

The other way to add posts to a thread is to go to the bottom of a thread page, you will see two options to reply. One is the "quick reply" which doesn't seem to work too well. Instead click on the red tab on the bottom right that says, "Add a Reply" and wait for the box to open.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:19 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#9 [url]

Oct 15 13 12:24 PM

You Can Change the Color/Size of you Post

You can change the color of your text and its size, by highlighting your text, then using the features in the tool bar of the posting box.  The " A" symbol, for example, allows you to change the color of your text. (These options are not available when using "quick reply")..

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 15 13 12:34 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#10 [url]

Oct 15 13 12:30 PM

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or to add helpful suggestions you may have discovered. Once your questions have been answered, I will eventually delete your question, but keep the answer (just to keep the thread from getting too clogged up).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

ghhshirley

Administrator

#11 [url]

Oct 15 13 3:35 PM

Search Feature

The "Search This Forum" feature is now located at the very top of the forum on the far right.. It says, "Search Forum".

Once you are in a thread, you can search within it as well. That search feature is just above the forum thread, in the area to the right.  It says "Search Topic".

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 26 13 11:28 PM. Edited 8 times.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 15 13 4:09 PM

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but some of the threads have numbers under their titles, if you click on the last number it will take you to the last page in the thread.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#13 [url]

Oct 16 13 12:36 PM

How to Get To Your Last Unread Post in a Thread

Clicking on the image of an "eye" to the left of the thread title (which, as stated above, indicates there are new replies you have not read) takes you directly to your first unread post. 

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Dec 14 13 2:42 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#14 [url]

Oct 16 13 12:47 PM

The Interact Button

Check out the interact button beneath my (or other poster's name) in posts.  Among other things, it allows you to Private Message me or that person directly, check out that user's posts, report posts as violating our rules, or to ignore that user's posts,  etc..

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#16 [url]

Oct 16 13 7:02 PM

baybjThis isn't user friendly on my phone :(

Everything works (just tad differently, takes a bit of getting used to) via my own cell.  However, I just noticed that when I post in dark blue here, it is barely visible on the phone because it keeps a black background and that, in general, this forum is hard to read via cell.  I am going to fool around with the colors and format a bit, etc, to see if that helps.There is an app available, but you have to purchase it.  It pops up at the top of your cellphone screen when you access our forum via your phone, (Yuku/Crowd Gather). It looks like the App has been getting bad reviews from IOS7 and some ipad users, so I am not going to advise anyone to rush and buy it and I don't think it is needed.   

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 16 13 11:30 PM. Edited 14 times.

Quote    Reply   

ghhshirley

Administrator

#17 [url]

Oct 16 13 8:52 PM

Adding Pics & Videos

You can copy and paste pics/gifs directly into your post from other sites, or if you have an image saved at a photo hosting site (such as photobucket) or here in your profile photo album (more on that later in another post), you can simply type in the image's URL into the form that pops up after clicking on the square icon with the mountain/sun (on the tool bar at the top of your posting form).

You can post videos using the movie icon in the tool bar (it looks like a tiny strip of film)...or easier yet, just type or paste in the video's URL directly into your post and it will show up after you submit your post.

Last Edited By: ghhshirley Oct 19 13 10:58 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

tvmom101

#19 [url]

Oct 17 13 4:47 AM

patriots02Thank you for changing the colors (and other formatting things) Shirley! It's so much easier to see now! Much more easy on the eyes!

I agree.  It was hard to see some of the writing.  I'm getting used to some of the features here.  I quoted mainly to see if I could do it right.  I think we'll get the hang of it at some point soon! 

Quote    Reply   

baybj

#20 [url]

Oct 17 13 7:20 AM

I can't seem to copy & paste gifs. I try and I try but it comes blank whenever I go to "paste" it. Help? :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help