Remove this ad

clooneybelle

GHH SuperStar Extraordinaire

#49941 [url]

Jun 27 17 7:57 AM

I was hoping for a long maternity leave too, jan! She really grinds on me... I hope someone catches Dr. O redhanded. I don't like her either! LOL I'm heading over to Rumorville to post a couple of tidbits I came across this morning ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

littlehollywoodmt

#49942 [url]

Jun 27 17 6:02 PM

Not loving much right now. I loved Hayden until the recent Hayden/Finn/baby thing. Now, totally bored. I hate that Tracey is gone - they were great to watch together. Hayden has become a mess with Finn. She has a long lost sister and we see so little of them together. Liz is a legacy character so why are they wasting their time and storylines on Hayden with some newbie doctor whose storyline is long past???? She should be interacting with Liz and building on her backstory and relationship before we try to give her a cozy little family. They Finn/drug/bloodtest storylines are a bore!!!!!

I MISS VALENTINE!!!! The actor is so charismatic and had storylines with 3 actresses - so why did they let him disappear?!?!?! He was engaging to watch, even if i didn't love his storylines I still watched him.

Lulu - UGH!!!!! Now that she has her way she is a little more bearable but just barely! She acts like Valentine stole her child. Of course, in real life it would be easier to understand, but in soap land, we are talking about a guy who didn't know you from Eve. He found out his sperm created a chilid in a test tube. And she thinks hes going to search out said strange woman and offer her half the childs life??? Sounds great but lets be realistic. And then to want full custody from the get go - yeah, i wonder why he's acting like he is!!!! As usual, its all about her and what she wants. So annoying.

Don't even get me started with Olivia!!!!! WHY OH WHY OH WHY is this Screeching Harpy still on our screens???? She's marrying NED??? So what, since he's been with her i want HIM off my screen! I can't stand this woman and every time she is on my screen i question why i still watch this show. EVERY. TIME.

Sonny and Carly, talk about an about face with her. Sickens me. So glad Jocelyn is letting her have it. Under most circumstances i don't like it when the kids berate the adults (ahem, Sam with Alexis the other day) but in this instance, Jocelyn has every right. Her father can no longer visit her because of Sonny's temper-tantrum. And that coming from a man who is a mobster/murderer. He bought it to save J's life and you used it to get him kicked out of the country. I find that unforgivable. You used his saving his daughter to punish his ex wife but instead punished his daughter who you claim to love. I could forgive it had he been able to stop it before immigration removed him but he let it go through. So much for loving Jocelyn.

I find myself actually liking the Amy/Nathan/Dillan interactions and i think its because by comparison its not awful!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#49943 [url]

Jun 29 17 10:57 AM

Carly choosing a man over her own child..wish I could say I was shocked, but the common "insert less than family friendly word here* does not change!

Quote    Reply   

aster

#49944 [url]

Jun 29 17 3:46 PM

seal wrote:
Carly choosing a man over her own child..wish I could say I was shocked, but the common "insert less than family friendly word here* does not change!

I don't see this as Carly entirely choosing a man over her child.  Sonny is the bio father of one of Carly's son's and the adopted father of another.  That isn't the same as choosing a random guy over her daughter.  And, Joss used to like Sonny.  I don't doubt that she will again because the Jax thing will get resolved in time.  I am sure Jax will get things overturned and return to PC.  I also believe that Jax would not hesitate to do such a thing to Sonny so it doesn't bother me that much.

Quote    Reply   

jan458

#49946 [url]

Jul 1 17 6:15 AM

seal wrote:

This is Carly. She's an idiot when it comes to Sonny. Joss made some good points but of course Carly wasn't having any of it. She had a good man, Jax, but there again she put Sonny and Jason before him. That marriage was doomed from the start. I really don't care about her but at least her being with Sonny keeps her contained and that pleases me.

Quote    Reply   

aster

#49947 [url]

Jul 8 17 6:21 AM

I was happy to see Valentin back this week. They need to keep up the momentum on that story or, like so many others, I won't care anymore when it finally plays out. Hayden and Finn's story seemed like it had possibilities but it petered out when they kept disappearing for long stretches of time. I am hoping the can keep up the grayness of the Valentin character where he is madly in love with Nina, a truly devoted father to Charlotte and bad, but not too bad or maybe only seeming to be bad, in other areas of his life.

I like Anna in the mix with Valentin even tho I don't want them to wind up together. Anna is boring with Andre. Maybe the could liven that up if they show Andre as more involved with the WSB or something. The Andre character needs something more than just the ability to dance well.

Quote    Reply   

aster

#49948 [url]

I've been very pleased with the lack of Franco on my screen. Wish he was staying gone rather than some others who actually are out.

I feel for the writers that they have to pivot quickly when an actor becomes ill or contract negotiations get tough. That said, this Man Landers story deserves to be a far-in-the-background story not a front burner story. It is slightly cute but not a story viewers will tune in for. Making Amy's brother a wounded warrior is not enough to make it anything more.

Putting Ava in the bandages was a mistake. That sort of story drags on too long. I didn't like it the first day and now it is really dragging for me. Due to story pacing and large cast we haven't seen her consistently enough for me to really be feeling her pain and to really care. It was a good move to through Spencer in that story this week.

Could they be heading somewhere mobular with Spencer? I don't remember Sonny being so close to Spencer in the days of old and now he is buddies with rival Ava. Hmm ...

I hope the writers can write a good story with momentum for Valentin while keeping him a gray character. I think that is the appeal. He isn't a truly good guy but he loves Charlotte and Nina with all his heart. Kind of new but not mobular Sonny.

Quote    Reply   

jan458

#49949 [url]

I don't think KiKi should have brought Avery to see Ava. You could see the child was scared and Ava was visibly upset.  Sonny told KiKi that Ava was out of Avery's life so why take her to see her mother especially looking the way she does with those bandages on her face.  If somehow he finds out (Avery could tell him she saw her mother) I don't think he will be pleased regardless of the circumstances.

So what is Valentin up to? He better not hurt Spencer. That would be outrageous. Maybe kidnap him again.

This Man Landers story is stupid. Nathan being the good guy is getting in deeper and deeper. Something tells me he is going to regret being MR. Nic Guy. This could backfire on him and cause trouble with Maxie. Taking his wedding ring off, hmm, not a good move.

I loved the Spencer and Ava scenes. She needed someone to comfort her and Spencer was there for her. He really is a sweet heart. The visit surprised me but in a good way.

They could have skipped the Dante/Sonny scenes and instead given us some flashbacks of Lee Baldwin.

Sonny said that he is getting out of the "business" but then he told Dante that he is only quitting certain parts of the business. Huh? Somehow I don't think the mob operates that way especially for a big time mobster like Sonny. You''re either IN or your OUT. That's as stupid as Griffin being a part-time priest when it suits him.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#49950 [url]

I SO agree that the man Landers story is terrible. Amy grates on my nerves. I love to look at the lovely Nathan, but I wish he would see through Amy. She is going to be trouble. When is Maxie coming back? Maybe then Amy will back off, but I am afraid she will be a stalker, or worse.

Jan, I was thinking the same thing that Kiki should have known better than to bring Avery to see Ava. Poor kid was scared. Pretty sure Sonny will not be happy about it either.

Where has Franko been? Did anyone even mention him? I used to like Roger’s version, but lately the writers have screwed that up.
Maybe Griffin would be a better fit for Liz?

The other thing I have been curious about: Oscar? Could he be related to someone? It would be unusual for a new character to just pop up out of nowhere without a connection to someone. The actor puts me in mind of Spinelli, but he could be related to anyone.

Quote    Reply   

aster

#49951 [url]

I am sure there is a reason they made a big deal of Nathan removing his wedding ring. Maxie is going to return and it is all going to come out.

Kiki herself is young. I think her heart is in the right place. She wants Avery to know her mother and she wants to give Ava a reason to get better. She just did not have the life experience to realize how Avery might react. She is not a mother herself yet.

So far we have not seen anything on screen to indicate that Oscar is any more than he seems. He may have a connection and he may not. I remember expecting Aaron to be connected to someone or something be he never was. He was really just a young man who wanted to run a coffee stand. Who would have thought??

Quote    Reply   

jan458

#49952 [url]

KiKi is old enough to know better. You don't have to be a mother to have common sense.
That child was scared. Notice how quiet she was? She's usually very out going and talks up a storm. Plus it upset Ava terribly for her daughter to see her even though she was happy to see her.

Is KSt returning? I thought that was suppose to happen. I bet Nathan will forget to put his ring back on. Men are forgetful.

How many times has some newbie come along and then there is so much speculation as to he/she might be related to someone on screen? They even made Aaron look suspicious.
When Kristina  introduced him to Sonny they showed him snooping around the room and we all went, hmm what's he up to??. Here we go again!

Quote    Reply   

aster

#49953 [url]

jan458 wrote:
 How many times has some newbie come along and then there is so much speculation as to he/she might be related to someone on screen? They even made Aaron look suspicious.
When Kristina  introduced him to Sonny they showed him snooping around the room and we all went, hmm what's he up to??. Here we go again!

IMO this is a big issue with GH right now.  Things look like they are headed somewhere and then just ... nothing.  Maybe it then gets picked up months later or  ... not.  I partly blame the writers and partly blame the budget cutting.  When actors are recurring you can't be sure they will be available right when you want them.  This causes what I think of as filler stories like Man Landers which I doubt will actually pull in any viewers at all even assuming some find the story cute.  It is just not compelling enough to be must see daily TV.

I did miss much of Valentin and Spencer this week.  That I was sorry I missed.  It is pretty much the only compelling story for me right now.  Sadly it is very possible that the writers will mess this one up and then I won't care about it either.  Obviously it won't be good if Valentin is really cruel to a child like Spencer.

Last Edited By: aster . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

jan458

#49955 [url]

clooneybelle wrote:
jan, Kirsten is supposed to be back on either the 24th or 25th, I can't remember which.  I think it's a Tuesday...

Thanks. Not a fan but Nathan does miss her - poor guy.
Maybe this time she will not have any more health issues. Must be pretty serious for her to be gone this many weeks and it isn't even the first time either.

aster, too bad you missed some of the Valentin/Spencer scenes. They were very good.
Spencer keeps right up with Valentin. He's not easily threatened. He is a very determined little boy.

Quote    Reply   

genhos63

#49956 [url]

Big letdown with Ava's face and how does she still have hair? Nose should have melted, eye should be more damaged, should have left her face unseen. That would not have disgusted anyone, certainly not Julian.

Quote    Reply   

#49958 [url]

Why bring Valentin back only to have him involved in this stupid story with Spencer(who won't be here but a short time anyway)!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help